Monday 22 August 2016

30BC The BFG

As The BFG begins, Sophie lies in bed in an orphanage, unable to sleep. She creeps to the curtains to shut them against the moonlight. It is the Witching Hour, the time when everything is quiet and still, and she is curious about what the world looks like at this time. She sticks her head outside and sees a giant walking toward her carrying a suitcase and a huge, trumpet-like object. He puts something into the trumpet and inserts it into a window. Then he looks up and sees Sophie watching.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars .

5 comments:

  1. Kia Orana (Hello in Cook Islands) Jayden, I love the BFG and the fact you read it was amazing! I know I have commented on your blog a heep, but there is one thing with your blog that is amazing. I will try to keep up to date with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jaydan, I like the BFG book so much because Sophie is so cute with her glasses. Also What else do you think you could put in this 30bc? Next time maybe you could include the author and the illustrator.I also love the dreams that the BFG makes, they are taniwah (awesome). Poroporoaki for now, from Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Jayden, I like the BFG its awesome. Have you seen the movie? Its pretty cool. My favorite part was when the Queens guard farted after they drunk the BFGs drink with the bubbles going up, then the Queen farted and the table cloth blew of the table. What you recommend this to someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't seen the movie but I really want to

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.